Book Flights to Doha
The City of The Big Tree - Doha
Do you want to visit a place that gives you a fusion of modernity and traditionalism? A city, that not only throbs with life but ids also situated at the course of the Persian Gulf. It was till recently when the oil production began in 1949, it got a facelift to present itself as one of the most important trade centres of the region. The have to think about booking the next low cost airlines to the beautiful city of Doha, the capital city of Qatar. This picturesque, tiny deep water port is one of the most important cities of Middle East today.
Doha is the heart of Qatar, with most of the population living in the city. The beautiful city is filled with plenty of things to do. The city has a much laid back atmosphere. Ever since Doha began oil production, it has been one of the mainstays of this business. You can book the last minute flight or anycheap airlines ticket to one of the busiest ports of the Gulf region. On one hand you will find skyrocketing buildings housing the most modern offices, and on the other you will see Burkha-clad women on the streets. This aspect of Doha travel has fascinated many tourists.
This Arab boomtown has some impressive sights to see. The National Museum, housed in a former palace, reopened in 2006 after a thorough renovation. The former ethnographic museum, now enclosed by the Al Najada shopping complex, offers a glimpse of what life was like before the oil boom. A traditional wind tower rises above one corner of the building. Check out for the cheap airlines ticket to Doha at the earliest, so as not to miss out on this wonderful opportunity. Doha is the Capital city of Qatar and one of the best tourist places in Qatar. There are lots of destinations in Doha and mostly the tourist visit Doha in the tour of Qatar. The mosques, museums, Deserts and many more are there in Doha, Qatar. There are a lot of airlines companies that provide you with affordable air tickets to Doha. The travellers are mainly attracted by the fresh air the waterside roads and huge desert dunes.
More useful information about Doha
- Qatar is the leading producer of LNG – liquefied natural gas. The Arab country produces around eleven billion cubic feet of LNG every day. Qatar also produces 283 barrels of crude oil every day.
- Qatar will host the next FIFA World Cup to be staged in 2022. Qataris also enjoy many sports including handball, drag racing, golf, powerboat racing, futsal, basketball, camel racing, water sports, swimming and cricket.
- Qataris eat their main meal of the day at lunchtime. Karak tea is served after meals; the rich milky tea is laced with Cardamom. The Friday midday meal, after prayers, is usually a time for the whole family to get together.
- The “Thoub” is the traditional costume worn by Qatari men. The Thoub is a long white shirt that is worn over boxer style shorts or long white cotton trousers. As a matter of pride, all Thoubs must be immaculately laundered.
- Male tourists are not expected to wear vests and shorts. Female tourists are not expected to walk around in short-sleeved dresses or mini-skirts.
- Head to the small village of Al Thakira which is home to many unusual fish and sea slugs. Nature lovers like to go snorkelling in the Mangrove Swamps. The Al Thakira Nature Reserve is widely regarded as a national treasure.
- Qatar State was protected by Great Britain until 1971, when it became independent. In 1995, Crown Prince Khalifa announced freedom of the press and allowed women to vote.
Doesn’t the extremely interesting history of this city makes you want to lay your hands on the next cheap flight ticket?
You should check the weather conditions there before you book a flight from any airline company. It is advisable to check the variousDoha flight deals that give you pocket friendly or budget flight tickets. Doha has a hot desert climate. Summer is very long, from May to September, when its average high temperatures surpass 38 °C (100 °F) and often approach 45 °C (113 °F). Humidity is usually lowest in May and June. Dew points can surpass 30 °C (86 °F) in the summer. Throughout the summer, the city averages almost no precipitation, and less than 20 mm (0.79 in) during other months.
Doha attractions/ exploring Doha
- The Corniche: This is a good place to visit. The visit must be done during day and night. The light at night is worth the seeing. The nearby boat ride is also a way to get another perspective. The buildings are all different shapes and sizes.This is a lovely addition to the waterfront and free parking is available.
- State Grand Mosque:This is a very impressive and grand mosque. It is not fanciful, simply solid architecture. Not extravagant, just grand. Visitors should avoid certain times and they are strict about dress code for women. It is worth visiting.
- The Museum of Islamic Arts is a treat to visit with family and friends or even alone. The Museum is nestled in the park next to the Arabian Gulf. Entrance and parking are free. The main exhibits on show when we visited were the Chinese terracotta warriors and Muhammad Ali's memorabilia.
- Katara Cultural Village: Here you will experience the wonderful results of traditional Arabic touch in an iconic architectural success. The turquoise blue beach with the Middle East type finishing on your sides and the majestic theatre on the back will paint that picture that will make you miss Qatar.
- Khaor Al Udaid: "Sealine" is one of two places in the world where the desert sand dunes meet and jump directly in the sea. There is a resort on the start of dunes and many places to rent Quads to enjoy the fun of riding on sand. The place is suitable for barbecue parties and fishing also.
When is the best time to book a flight to Doha?
The best time to visit the city is from the months of October to March. During that period, the climate remains quite cool and cold. The Nedumbassery International airport connects Kochi with all the major parts of India as well as the world.
Which Major airlines operate flights to Doha?
Airlines companies like the Asiana Airways and Qatar airways would help you to book discounted flight tickets to Doha as per your recommendations. Hamad International Airport is the international airport of Doha, the capital city of Qatar. It replaced the former Doha International Airport as Qatar's principal airport.
Getting Around in the City
Other popular cities to visit
- Al wakhrah
- Al Khor
- Al Hitmi
Popular events in Doha
The Doha Cultural Festival is held in March and is the biggest event of its kind, attracting hundreds of tourists every year. Check with the various flight deals to Doha so as not to miss the Doha International Trade Fair, an annual event in Qatar held at Qatar International Exhibitions Center, Doha. The one-week event involves participation of traders from across the globe. The Qatar international food festival (QIFF) brings together the world’s best culinary cultures in an exceptional event that reflects Qatar’s diversity and thriving culture.