About Aer Lingus (El) Flights
Aer Lingus (EI) is the flag carrier airline company of Ireland and the second largest air carrier in the country. Headquartered in Dublin Airport in Cloghran, County Dublin, EI was initially founded by the Irish government, privatized later and today is a subsidiary of International Airlines Group (IAG).
Founded on 15 April 1936, Aer Lingus flights commenced operations on 27 May 1936. EI’s hub is at Dublin Airport, Dublin and it has three operating bases - Belfast-City, Cork and Shannon. You can make online flight booking with the Aer Lingus directly at their website aerlingus.com or through travel portals as well.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
You can find Aer Lingus Deals to a total of 89 destinations across 24 countries. Through codeshare and interline agreements, EI serves an additional 100 destinations.
You can book Aer Lingus Tickets to destinations like Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Birmingham, Barcelona, Catania, Donegal, Frankfurt, Lyon etc.
EI consists of a total of 47 aircrafts –
- 34 Airbus A320-200
- 3 Airbus A321-200
- 4 Airbus A330-200
- 6 Airbus A330-300
Services and Amenities
An Aer Lingus Reservation will get you the following amenities –
- Super comfy seating with wide seat pitch.
- Complimentary meals and non-alcoholic drinks on Business Class and available for purchase in Economy Class.
- Personal video monitors with Video on Demand, play, pause, rewind or fast-forward from a wide range of blockbuster movies, classics, TV shows, box sets, music videos and games at your leisure.
- Superb lounge facilities to help you stay fresh and relaxed.
- Wi-Fi connectivity to access internet alongside universal power ports.
Checked Baggage Allowance:
Short-haul flights (intra-Europe)
- Economy - Low fare: - No free baggage allowance. Baggage fees apply on each checked bag.
- Economy - Flex fare - 2 free checked bags
- Economy - Plus fare - 1 free checked bag
- Must not exceed 44 lb/20 kg in total weight per passenger.
Long-haul Flights (to/from USA)
Economy Class/Low fare:
- Baggage Allowance - 1 free checked bag
- Maximum Weight - 50 lb/23 kg
- Must not exceed: 62 in/158 cm (length + width + height)
Every passenger can carry one bag and one personal item such as a briefcase or a purse. All carry-on baggage must fit in the overhead bin or below the seat in front of you and must adhere to the following requirements:
Must not exceed - 21.5 in x 15.5 in x 9.5 in / 55 cm x 40 cm x 24 cm
Must not exceed - 22 lb/10 kg
Maximum Dimensions of Personal Item - 10 in x 13 in x 8 in / 25 cm x 33 cm x 20 cm
Once you make an Aer Lingus booking, it is recommended for you to go through the official website once for a comprehensive and detailed understanding of their baggage allowance.