About Garuda Indonesia (GA) Flights
Founded on 1 August 1947 as KLM Interinsulair Bedrijf, Garuda Indonesia flights commenced operations on 26 January 1949 as Garuda Indonesian Airways. It maintains 4 primary hubs -Kualanamu International Airport, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Soekarno?Hatta International Airport and Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport, and 2 secondary hubs - Juanda International Airport, Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport.
Today, GA is amongst the leading airlines of the world, and is also a member of SkyTeam, the global air carrier alliance.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
You can find Garuda Indonesia deals to a total of 60 domestic destinations such as Ambon, Balikpapan, Banda Aceh, Bandar Lampung, Bandung, Banjarmasin, Denpasar (Bali), Ende, Jakarta, Kendari etc.
You can also book Garuda Indonesia tickets to 73 international destinations like Abu Dhabi, Adelaide, Bangkok, Beijing, Cairo, Chennai, Dili, Frankfurt, Guam, Kuala Lumpur etc.
GA boasts of a total of 144 aircrafts ?
- 15 ATR 72?600
- 7 Airbus A330?200
- 75 Boeing 737?800
- 2 Boeing 747?400
- 10 Boeing 777?300ER
- 18 Bombardier CRJ1000 NextGen
Services and Amenities
A Garuda Indonesia reservation will fetch you the following infight services and amenities ?
- If you can manage to grab some cheap first class flights, your luxurious experience will begin even before boarding the plane, limousine pick up, VIP lounge with facilities like spa treatments, food, cigar rooms and bar. Inside the airplane, the seats are arranged on a 1-2-1 configuration furnished with plush ergonomic seats, electronic controls, fully flat bed, 24" AVOD flat screens room dividers, storage space, personal wardrobe, internet connectivity, toiletries and much more.
- Fully reclining and flat-bed seats are offered to the business class passengers on Garuda alongside reading lamps, adjustable headrests, 42" of seat pitch and electronic sockets for your gadgets among the other services make your executive flying experience a moving one.
- Ergonomically designed seats for best comfort and extra space for leg room of 30" - 35" is provided to the passengers in the economy class. Every seat is equipped with a 9" personal AVOD in-Flight Entertainment unit.
- While onboard, you can enjoy a variety of entertainment options and on personal AVOD system is also available on demand. 9 radio channels, 25 music channels, 60 movies and more than 50 popular T.V. shows are available to keep you busy and entertained.
Checked Baggage Allowance:
Garuda Indonesia has imposed a strict rule to ensure that every single item or checked baggage must not exceed 70 lbs/32 kg in weight. These baggage are labeled with special tags displaying the station of arrival alongside a serial number. A part of this tag is attached with your ticket for identification purposes only and as a rule is required to be surrendered at the station of arrival.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance:
- Must fit in the closed overhead rack or below your seat.
- Must not exceed length 56cm, width 36 cm, depth 23cm and the maximum proportions (the sum of the 3 dimensions of each of the carry on item) must not exceed 115cm (exception for Economy class CRJ and ATR: where the maximum length is 41 cm, width 34 cm or depth 17 cm, however total of the three dimensions must not exceed 92 cm or 7 kg).
- Dimensions include side-pockets, wheels and handles.
After you make a Garuda Indonesia booking, it is recommended for you to go through the official website once for a comprehensive and detailed understanding of their baggage allowance.