About British Airways (BA) Reservation
It comes as no surprise that British Airways is amongst the most lavish and reliable air travel companies across the world. It has a proud flying legacy of over 90 years, and is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom and also a founding member of the One World Airline Alliance. Thus, it is only natural to expect nothing but the best from this airline.On-Board British Airways
Leading the skies since the last nine decades, British Airlines amongst the most talked-about carriers in the world. It provides to its customers all the comforts some of the most lavish facilities, which gives it an edge over the other airlines. It is also a part of the International Airline Group (IAG), the largest aviation group in the world.
From the stalls of the one of the world's leading carrier, British Airways flights have won several accolades, including the Best Short-Haul Airline and the Favorite Airline for Business Trips by Conde Nast Traveler in 2011, as well as Best Short-Haul Airline at the 2011 Telegraph Travel Awards.Connectivity and Fleet InformationThe airline operates out of London and has a considerable presence at both the major airports in the city - Heathrow and Gatwick. In fact, it has its base at Heathrow - Terminal 5, which has been voted as the world's Best Airport Terminal by the airline passengers all over the world in the latest SkyTraxs survey.
It caters to over 400 destinations across the globe and include 245 aircrafts in service. Being a part of the One World, it caters to 800 destinations in 150 countries with its partner airlines.
If you are booking with British Airways, you can be absolutely sure that you are in very safe hands. The fleet includes aircraft like Airbus A300 and Boeing 700 series and Embraer E170/E190.
Services and Amenities
While traveling with one of the premium airlines of the world, you can expect the best of the services, prices and your overall travel experience. And the airline makes it a point to justify this.
British Airways offers the following classes for your comfort which are as follows -
- First: From the very comfortable recliner seats to the wide range of entertainment options, first class offers remarkable levels of comfort, sophistication along with refinement.
- Club World's Business: Furnished with flat beds and hot meals, this class offers a very homely experience.
- World Traveler Plus - Premium Economy: Nearly perfect priced, this helps in making your journey a bit more special and offers some extra privacy.
- World Traveler's Economy: Ideal if you are on a budget and also your journey, this class provides complimentary meals, drinks and a comfortable flying experience.
- Club Europe's Business: This is ideal for the regular flyers as it offers services like priority check-in, the internet and increased baggage allowance.
- Euro Traveler's Economy: This class is affordable and cozy.
- UK Domestic: This class offers value-for-money UK air travel.
British Airways and its baggage policy allows checked baggage weight limit of 70lbs in First and Business Class and 50 lbs for Economy Class respectively. Overall measurement for checked baggage is 62 inches along with it a passenger can carry a hand bag weighing 17.6 lbs with overall measurement of 45 inches is allowed free of charge.