About Singapore Airlines (SQ) Flights
Singapore Airlines (SQ) is the flag carrier airline of Singapore with its main hub at Singapore Changi Airport. It is dubbed as a national symbol and icon of Singapore. The airline is known to offer some great offers on round trip and one way flight deals.
Founded on 1 May 1947, Singapore Airlines flights commenced operations on 1 October 1972. Its headquarters is located at Airline House, 25 Airline Road, Singapore 819829, Singapore. The airline group includes number of airline -related subsidiaries.
In December 2010, SQ was ranked the second largest air carrier in the world by International Air Transport Association by market capitalization, worth 14 billion US dollars.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
You can find Singapore Airlines deals to a total of 62 destinations in 35 countries across six continents.
You can book Singapore Airlines tickets to destinations like Adelaide, Vienna, Toronto, Cairo, Copenhagen, Munich, Hong Kong, Delhi, Milan, Tokyo etc.
SQ consists of a total of 106 aircrafts –
- 26 Airbus A330-300
- 5 Airbus A350-900
- 19 Airbus A380-800
- 11 Boeing 777-200
- 12 Boeing 777-200ER
- 6 Boeing 777-300
- 27 Boeing 777-300ER
Services and Amenities
A Singapore Airlines Reservation will get you the following amenities –
- Choose from an appetizing collection of more than 60 diverse dishes (traditional, western etc), and don't forget to take a sip of the exotic collection of wines.
- Kill time with a wide range of blockbuster movies or listen to your favorite music albums, the choice is yours.
- Seats are designed to offer you the maximum comfort possible and is equipped with features like ample space for legroom, supreme reclining, headrest, footrest and much more.
Checked Baggage Allowance
Passengers traveling to or from Brazil and the U.S.
- Maximum Baggage: 2 pieces
- Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight (Brazil): 70 lb/32 kg
- Maximum Weight (US): 51 lb/23 kg for Economy and 70 lb/32 kg for First Class/Suites
Passengers traveling in all other destinations-
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers: 66 lb/30 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Business Class Passengers: 88 lb/40 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Suite/First Class Passengers: 110 lb/50 kg total
All carry-on must fit in the overhead bin or below the seat in front of you and must adhere to the following requirements-
- Baggage Allowance for Economy Class passengers: 1 bag
- Baggage Allowance for First/Business Class passengers: 2 bags
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 15 lb/7 kg
Once you make a Singapore Airlines booking, it is recommended for you to go through the official website once for a comprehensive and detailed understanding of their baggage allowance.