About Emirates Airlines (EK) Flights
Emirates (EK) is an air carrier company based in Dubai, UAE. A fully owned subsidiary of The Emirates Group, it is the largest airline company in the Middle East. EK operates more than 3,600 flights every week from its hub at Dubai International Airport, to more than 150 cities in 81 countries across six continents.
Founded on 25 March 1985, Emirates Airline flights commenced operations on 25 October 1985. Today, it is the fourth largest airline in the world in terms of scheduled revenue passenger-kilometers flown & international passengers carried, and the second-largest by freight tons kilometers flown.
Emirates is known to offer some great deals on airline tickets, especially on the last minute flight deals.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
You can find Emirates Airline deals, to more destinations around the world than any other Middle Eastern airline in the region.
You can book Emirates Airline tickets to international destinations like Kabul, Buenos Aires, Melbourne, Vienna, Dhaka, Brussels, Toronto, Hong Kong, Prague, Frankfurt etc.
EK consists of a total of 235 aircrafts –
- 123 Boeing 777-300ER
- 84 Airbus A380-800
- 10 Boeing 777-300
- 10 Boeing 777-200LR
- 3 Boeing 777-200ER
- 3 Airbus A340-300
- 2 Airbus A330-200
Services and Amenities
An Emirates Airline reservation will get you the following amenities –
- Multi-cuisine meals with complimentary wines.
- More than 2000 channels of entertainment including television shows, movies, audio channels and 100s of video games.
- My USB service to view photos onscreen.
- My Playlist to create personalized compilations.
- Auto-adjust enabled lighting to reduce jet-lag.
- Onscreen views of the outside from the two external cameras on the aircraft.
- Phone, SMS and email service from your seat.
- USB ports and in-seat power outlets.
Passengers traveling to or from the North and South America:
- First/Business Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces
- First/Business Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/158 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight for First/Business Class Passengers: 70 lb/32 kg
- Economy Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces
- Economy Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/158 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers: 50 lb/23 kg
Passengers flying to other destinations can reach Emirates or view baggage chart.
All carry-on baggage should fit in the overhead bin or below the seat in front of you and adhere to the following requirements:
- Business and First Class Allowance: 1 Briefcase + either 1 Garment Bag or 1 handbag
- Maximum Dimensions of Handbag: 22in x 15in x 8in/55 cm x 38cm x 20cm (length x width x height)
- Maximum Dimensions of Briefcase: 18in x 14in x 8in/55cm x 38cm x 20cm (length x width x height)
- Maximum Dimensions of Garment Bag (when folded): 8 in/20 cm
- Maximum Combined Weight of Carry-on: 26 lb/12 kg
- Economy Class Allowance: 1 Carry-On
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 22in x 15in x 8in/55cm x 38cm x 20cm (length x width x height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 15 lb/7 kg
Once you make an Emirates Airline booking, it is recommended for you to go through the official website once for a comprehensive and detailed understanding of their baggage allowance.