About Japan Airlines (JL) Reservations
The Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. (JAL) is the second largest airline of Japan. The airline is second only to All Nippon Airways. The airline that has its headquarters in Shinagawa, Tokyo, is also the National airline of Japan. The Japan Airlines has its main hubs at the ‘Narita International Airport, Haneda Airport’, ‘The Kansai International Airport’ and ‘The Osaka International Airport’.
Japan Airlines was founded in the August of 1951, and had started its operations three months later in October, 1951. The airline was announced as the National airline of Japan in the year 1953. Thirty years later the airline was fully privatized in the year 1987.
Japan Airlines offers its frequent flyers an opportunity to become a member of the ‘JAL Mileage Bank’ wherein booking Japan Airlines flights will give them a chance to earn air-miles. The miles earned on each and every Japan Airlines ticket can be redeemed for award tickets and other exciting awards.
With Lookupfare, you can also opt for Japan Airlines reservations in advance and the same starts two months prior to the date of the flight.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
The Japan Airlines operates scheduled and non-scheduled domestic and international flights to 220 destinations in 35 countries worldwide. The destinations to which the Japan Airlines Flights can be booked to, includes :- Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Guangzhou, Taipei, Bangkok, Dhaka, Colombo, Doha, Barcelona, Moscow, Stockholm, London, Manchester, Edinburg, Barcelona, Istanbul, Rome, Miami, Chicago, Baltimore, Boston, New York and many more cities in 35 countries. The Airline offers first-class services on selected long-haul and domestic routes.
As per official figures, the current fleet of Japan Airlines consists of 162 aircrafts. The Japan Airlines aircrafts are a combination of narrow and wide-body aircrafts. With this impressive fleet size and the wide variety of destinations that it serves, Japan Airlines is quite popular and has its fair share of loyal customers.
Services and Amenities
Book your Japan Airlines flights and enjoy a wide range of inflight services and amenities aboard.
- The airline offers an array of delicious special in-flight meals for all long-haul Japan Airlines flights except on the Osaka (Kansai)-Seoul (Gimpo) route.
- Japan Airlines offers in-flight magazine named ‘Skyward’ on all its domestic and international flights.
- The flyers flying on all Domestic and International Japan Airlines flights can shop from a wide range of accessories, cosmetics and bags available for sale. The range of in-flight shop items varies depending on the route and availability of items.
- The airline also offers in-flight entertainment programs to make sure that the passengers flying with Japan Airlines don’t get bored. The entertainment programs onboard include movies, videos, audio programs, games and digital books.
- Make a Japan Airlines reservation to access in-flight Wi-Fi at no additional cost. The free Wi-Fi service can be used on a smartphone, tablet PC and other Wi-Fi capable devices on all international routes.
- The airline also offers lounge services for International flights to help flyers unwind before boarding. The lounge services are extended first to the members of the
‘JAL Mileage Bank’ and the boarding class.
Once you have made your Japan Airlines booking, make sure to check the carry-on baggage and checked baggage rules and allowances.
The passengers flying with Japan Airlines are permitted to carry one bag containing personal items, in addition to one carry-on bag allowed by the airline. An additional personal item may include camera, camera tripod, children’s bag, laptop, handbag, etc.
Passengers flying with both domestic and international flights are permitted to carry one carry-on bag with total outside dimensions within 115 cm (W: within 55cm x H: within 40cm x D: within 25cm). The maximum permitted weight for such a carry-on baggage must not exceed 10kg (22lbs).
For Domestic Flights: Up to 20kgs (44lbs) of checked baggage for each passenger can be carried for free of charge. There is no limit on the number of bags. The first class passengers flying on domestic flights can carry a maximum of 45kgs. (99lbs.) for no extra charge. The total dimension of each checked baggage should be within 50cm x 60cm x 120cm.
For International Flights: Two pieces of checked baggage each weighing not over 23kgs. (50lbs.) can be carried for free in economy and premium-economy class. Whereas three pieces with a maximum weight of 32kgs. (70lbs.) each can be carried for free in first class and business class. The total outside dimensions of each checked baggage should not be more than 203cms. including wheels and handles. Book a business class Japan Airlines flight to carry up to 96kgs. (211lbs.) of checked baggage at no additional cost.
For an infant, not travelling in his or her own seat, the maximum outside dimensions of the checked bag should not exceed 203cm (length + width + height). Excess baggage charges will be applicable if the carry-on or checked baggage exceeds the free allowance as mentioned above.