About Alaska Airlines (AS) Flights
Alaska Airlines (AS) is an American air carrier company based in Seattle metropolitan area, Washington. AS is a major airline company along with its sister airline Horizon Air, and is part of the Alaska Air Group.
Founded in 1932 as McGee Airways, Alaska Airlines flights commenced operations on June 6, 1944. Headquartered at SeaTac, Washington, AS has four major hubs - Los Angeles International Airport, Portland International Airport, Seattle–Tacoma International Airport and Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.
AS is not a member of any of the three major airline alliances. It is known to offer numerous attractive offers on one way flight deals, round trip deals etc.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
You can find Alaska Airlines deals to a total of 104 destinations throughout the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Costa Rica, Canada and Mexico.
You can book Alaska Airlines tickets to destinations like Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Manzanillo, San José de Costa Rica, Vancouver, Liberia, Havana etc.
Alaska Airlines consists of a total of 154 aircrafts –
- 11 Boeing 737-400
- 5 Boeing 737-400C
- 14 Boeing 737-700
- 61 Boeing 737-800
- 12 Boeing 737-900
- 50 Boeing 737-900ER
- 1 Boeing 737-400F
Services and Amenities
An Alaska Airlines reservation will get you the following amenities –
- The passengers in the first class cabin are served with light snacks and complimentary meals. It also offers several “Picnic Packs” on chargeable basis in the other travel classes on all the flights.
- It also serves fresh coffee with fellow Seattle Company Starbucks on its flights. It also provides local offerings such as Tim's Cascade potato chips, Alaskan Amber beer and Beecher's Cheese.
- AS introduced the first hard-drive based portable audio-video-on-demand (AVOD) players that feature a variety of movies, TV shows and audio programs. The device known as digEplayer, are available complimentary to the first class passengers and on a certain fee to the other classes of travel.
- Airport lounges known as the Board Room on the four West Coast airports Los Angeles, Anchorage, Seattle and Portland.
Checked Baggage Allowance:
Alaska Airlines' (AS) standard checked baggage policy details follow:
- 2 bags standard.
- Must not exceed 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height).
- Must not exceed 50 pounds or 23 kilograms.
Alaska Airlines (AS) permits 1 carry-on bag alongside 1 personal item (briefcase, purse, laptop bag) per passenger fee free.
Carry-on must adhere to the following size and weight restrictions:
- 45 linear inches (24 x 17 x 10 in) or 115 centimeters (61 x 43 x 25 cm) including wheels and handles.
- Must fit in the overhead bin or below the seat in front of you.
Once you make an Alaska Airlines booking, it is recommended for you to go through the official website once for a comprehensive and detailed understanding of their baggage allowance.