About TAP Portugal (TP) Reservation
Headquartered at Lisbon Airport, Tap Portugal (TP) is the flag carrier airline of Portugal. It is a member of Star Alliance and operates more than 2,000 flights a week. Lisbon Airport is also the primary hub of Tap Portugal and TP also has a secondary hub at Porto Airport.
Founded on 14 March 1945, Tap Portugal flights commenced operations on 19 September 1946. The airline company was semi-privatized in June 2015 and Atlantic Gateway Consortium became the major owner of the company.
TP has been given a 3-star rating by SkyTrax. Online flight booking of TAP’s tickets can be made with a number of travel portals and also directly at their website flytap.com.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
Tap Portugal deals can be found to a total of 88 destinations across Africa, Europe, North America and South America, alongside some domestic, African and European destinations being served by TAP Express.
You can book Tap Portugal tickets to destinations like Buenos Aires, Vienna, Campinas, Montreal, Boa Vista, Dubrovnik, Prague, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Hanover etc.
TP consists of a total of 80 aircrafts –
- 21 Airbus A319-100
- 19 Airbus A320-200
- 3 Airbus A321-200
- 16 Airbus A330-200
- 4 Airbus A340-300
- 8 ATR 72-600
- 9 Embraer 190
Services and Amenities
A Tap Portugal reservation will get you the following amenities –
- Keeping in mind all the needs of the passengers, they are provided with an environment friendly amenity kit which includes sleep masks, socks and earplugs.
- TAP Air Portugal is one of the first airlines of Europe to offer onboard Wi-Fi connectivity, thus making it easier for you to keep in touch with your work.
- Number of games are available which could be played as a single player and multiplayer where you can participate and compete with the other passengers on board the same aircraft.
Checked Baggage Allowance –
- TAP Executive: 2 bags up to 70.5 lb/32 kg
- TAP Plus, TAP Basic, TAP Classic, and TAP Discount: 2 bags up to 50 lb/23 kg
- 1 bag (50 lb/23 kg) within Europe (including Morocco and Algeria), and between Europe and USA and Canada
- 2 bags (70.6 lb/32 kg) between Europe and Brazil (Beechcraft flights only up to 50 lb/23 kg
- Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/158 cm (length + width + height)
Carry-On Allowance –
- Bags Allowed: 2
- Maximum Dimensions: 45 linear in/115 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight: 35.2 lb/10kg total
TAP Plus, TAP Basic, TAP Classic, and TAP Discount
- Bags Allowed: 1
- Maximum Dimensions of: 45 linear in/115 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight: 17.6 lb/ 8 kg
Once you make a Tap Portugal booking, it is recommended for you to go through the official website once for a comprehensive and detailed understanding of their baggage allowance.